WELCOME TO OUR LIBRARY
Google can bring back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.
The mission of Desert Hills Media Center is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be lifelong learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- providing instruction in information literacy
- providing intellectual and physical access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media
- stimulating interest in reading and in finding and using information and ideas
- promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to augment teaching
- supporting the school’s curriculum and reading initiatives
Our vision at Desert Hills Middle School is to produce information-literate lifelong learners who are creative users of technology and information and ignited with a passion for reading
DHMS Library Policies
- Student Responsibility
- Students are responsible for all materials checked out through the Library. Students will need to pay the replacement cost for lost or damaged item
- Library Card
- A current student ID is needed to check out items from the Library. Students without a student ID will not be allowed to check out books. If you have lost your student ID, please see Mr. Larson in the Media Center where a replacement can be made for $5.00.
- Loan Period
- Students are allowed three books at any time to check out. They will have 10 school days (about two weeks) to keep each book. Reference Materials are for in-library use only.
- Patrons may return materials by putting them in the book drop at the circulation desk or handing them directly to one of our Librarians.
- Overdue Fines
- The fine on library books is $0.05 per item per day. Please pay your fines in the library. You may still check out items if you have fines totaling under $2.00. Fine notices will be given to students throughout the year as well as sent to your student email.
- Materials checked out to other patrons may be placed on hold. You will receive an email to your student email address letting you know when the book has been returned so that you may check it out.
- Most materials can be renewed for up to two additional loan periods. Items on hold for someone else may not be renewed.